BluegrassCountry.org offers two streams:
- Low Bandwidth
A Windows Media stream for all users
- High bandwidth
A high-quality MP3 stream for users with high-speed connections; if you’re using a dial-up modem you will not be able to listen to the MP3 stream.
We are offering our MP3 stream using the encoding protocol MP3PRO. This protocol is compatible with MP3 players but the best quality can be achieved with the following combination of browser and player:
- Live365 player and Internet Explorer
Player365 should install automatically (if you allow ActiveX install from Live365). Otherwise, you can manually install it yourself.
- WinAmp with the MP3PRO plug-in and Firefox
Other players capable of streaming MP3PRO:
- A player opens, but the audio doesn’t start
- You may need to change your firewall settings to permit streaming media (please consult your network administrator or service provider) or adjust your player’s transport settings (e.g., in Windows Media: Tools -> Options -> Network -> Uncheck UDP and Multicast) to listen to bluegrasscountry.org. Even if your player works on other sites, you may experience errors on bluegrasscountry.org.
- Audio plays, but frequently stops
- Try increasing the player’s buffer size (e.g., in Windows Media: Tools -> Options -> Performance -> Network Buffering)