The International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) has presented its 2020 Distinguished Achievement Awards to festival pioneers Norman & Judy Adams, Musicians Against Childhood Cancer (MACC) founders Darrel & Phyllis Adkins, fiddle virtuoso/educator Darol Anger, San Diego’s KSON “Bluegrass Special” host Wayne Rice, and bluegrass innovator Jack Tottle.
The awards were presented September 30 in a virtual ceremony, part of the IBMA’s virtual World of Bluegrass. On the same program, the association presented its industry awards for 2020 to:
- Katy Daley – Liner Notes of the Year
- Michael Kear -Broadcaster of the Year
- Augusta Heritage Center Bluegrass Week in Elkins, WV, Event of the Year.
- Michael Armistead, Graphic Designer of the Year
- Derek Halsey, Writer of the Year
- Stephen Mougin, Sound Engineer of the Year
- Milan Miller, Songwriter of the Year