For 46 years, there’s been no better place for bluegrass than Lucketts on Saturday night. The 2019-2020 concert series is underway, with an all-star collection of bands. Shows begin at 7 pm at the Lucketts Community Center, 42361 Lucketts Road in Leesburg, VA 20176. Tickets are $17 for adults, $5 for ages 3-17, cash only. For more information, including band profiles, go to luckettsbluegrass.org.
- Feb 15 – Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers
- Feb 22 – Becky Buller Band
- Feb 29 – The Hillbilly Gypsies
- Mar 7 – David Davis and the Warrior River Boys
- Mar 14 – The Little Roy and Lizzy Show
- Mar 21 – Sideline
- Mar 28 – Danny Paisley and the Southern Grass
- Apr 4 – Special Consensus
- Apr 11 – Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper
- Apr 18 – Dave Adkins Band
- Apr 25 – Dry Branch Fire Squad
Click here for a printable calendar.
Americana, country, honky-tonk, bluegrass – there’s lots of great live music at the Pearl Street Warehouse in the Wharf District of Washington, DC. Here are some highlights:
- Feb 15 – Wil Gravatt Band
- Feb 20 – Billy Gilman
- Feb 23 – Mardi Gras 2020 with the Naptown Brass Band and DC Meters
- Feb 25 – Funky Miracle Presents a Funky and Fat Tuesday
- Feb 29 – The Brook and The Bluff with Doc Robinson
- Mar 6 – Virginia Coalition
- Mar 7 – Chuck Brown Band
- Mar 10 – Waylon Payne and Doug Seegers
See the full lineup at pearlstreetwarehouse.com.
Old Town Warrenton, Virginia is a hot spot for live music, presented by the Gloria Faye Dingus Music Alliance at 92 Main Street.
- Feb 15 – DC-based bluegrass, jazz, fun fusion band Pictrola is playing a benefit show. All proceeds go to support the Alliance’s mission of providing instruments and music instruction to children in need.
- Feb 29 – The Second Hand Band
- Mar 6 – King Street Bluegrass
- Mar 27 – Time Sawyer
- Mar 28 – The Nighthawks
The DC Bluegrass Festival features Claire Lynch, Man About a Horse and the Gina Furtado Project, along with the Mid Atlantic Bluegrass Band Competition. It’s March 28 in Falls Church, VA. Details at dcbluegrassfest.org.