Portable HD Radio
Bluegrass Country has tested the Audiovox portable HD Radio and wished to inform its listeners about its performance in the Washington, DC area.
- The radio was selected as a “last resort” for use in automobiles when no other option is available.
- Preferable solutions are, in the order listed:
- built-in factory HD radio
- smartphone (IPhone or android)
- replacement HD radio
- Audiovox portable HD radio connected to an AUX port to the built-in radio (the Auxiliary cable will server as the antenna and may need to be long enough and repositioned to receive a reliable signal
- Using the Audiovox portable HD radio via a “mini-FM tuner” will work, but may nor give satisfactory performance if the signal is weak.
The Audiovox portable HD was designed to be used with headphones (there is no built-in speaker) with the headphone cable acting as an antenna. In testing, the device worked fine in a car and outdoors, but performed poorly in office buildings and some homes.
If you made a donation during the recent fund raising drive and you wish to reconsider your gift, please send an email to email@example.com
In consideration of any inconvenience this may cause, the Bluegrass Country will offer a $40 credit to anyone who requested a portable radio who would rather have an HD radio installed in their vehicle using BestBuy . BestBuy sells an HD radio/CD combo that cost $99. The full cost including car-specific parts and labor will generally be around $200. Just send in a paid receipt for the HD radio and will issue you a check.
If you have any questions send an email to support@BluegrassCountryFoundation.org
If you selected the Portable HD radio as a Thank You gift,