Bluegrass Country is a Washington DC, listener-supported radio station, on the air since 1967 and worldwide on bluegrasscountry.org. The format features bluegrass, old-time and American roots music. It is supported by the Bluegrass Country Foundation, an independent, nonprofit organization.
The Foundation is seeking an underwriting professional to maintain a current base of support from corporations and organizations and to develop new sponsorship sources.
Working with the Foundation board and the station manager, this representative will:
- Sell the benefits of supporting Bluegrass Country Radio to a list of potential underwriters
- Identify and develop additional sponsors and underwriters.
- Prepare proposals offering on-air acknowledgements, inclusion on bluegrasscountry.org, mentions on Bluegrass Country’s social media platforms, and other benefits unique to a particular underwriter’s needs
- Prepare written agreements for underwriters summarizing costs and benefits
- Ensure payment of fees
- Maintain contact with underwriters to ensure satisfaction with the Bluegrass Country partnership.
This position will be based remotely and will be part-time. The compensation plan is based on a generous commission structure. Previous demonstrated success in sales, marketing or nonprofit fundraising is preferred.
To apply or get more information, contact Bluegrass Country Foundation president Randy Barrett at email@example.com.